Prestige Tower - Sukhumvit 23 (Listing # PL6163)
The condominium is located on Sukhumvit 23 in the Asok community of central Bangkok. The Prestige Tower building is conveniently located just 616 meters to the Sukhumvit MRT subway station which amounts to about an 8 minute walk. The asking sale price for this Bangkok property is ฿8,000,000 THB (Thailand Baht) which equals ฿45,848 per square meter. As a buyer you will be responsible for a portion of the transfer fee, which may or may not be included in the asking price, please ask your Bangkok real estate agent before you view.
It is the Asok BTS skytrain station, linking with the Sukhumvit MRT subway station at the heart of Asoke which makes it probably the most convenient area to get around the whole of Bangkok. The metro station is key as Asok is infamous for its traffic jams so driving to areas such as Ratchada/Ladprao to the north or Sathorn to the southwest could take you hours during rush hour when the skytrain or MRT would take around 10-20 minutes.
More than any other central Bangkok community, each and every soi in Asoke tends to have its own distinct characteristics. There are leafy, peaceful sois, quiet sois, residential soi, sois with many restaurants, and of course Sukhumvit soi 16 and Asoke Road (Sukhumvit soi 21) which are lined with many high rise office buildings.
- NIST New International School of Thailand (Sukhumvit soi 15)
- Wattana Wittaya Acadamy (Sukhumvit soi 19)
- Sinakharinwirot University, Prasanmit Campus (Sukhumvit soi 23)
- Sai Namthip School (Sukhumvit soi 20)
- Aksara International School (Sukhumvit soi 20)
- Sainampeung School(Sukhumvit soi 22)
- Terminal 21 Shopping Center (Sukhumvit soi 21)
- Queen Sirikit National Convention Center (Ratchadaphisek Rd.)
- Robinson Department Store (Sukhumvit soi 19)
- Tops Market (Sukhumvit soi 19)
- Aspire Club & CrossFit Bangkok (Sukhumvit Rd.)
- Benjakitti Park (Ratchadaphisek Rd.)
- Rutnin Eye Hospital (Sukhumvit soi 21)
There are fees associated with condo purchase that vary slightly but are pretty straight forward. In addition to the sale price which in this case is ฿8,000,000 the buyer is responsible for part (usually 50%) of the 2% transfer fee. The transfer fee is not based on the actual sale price, but the appraisal price from the land department. The seller is responsible for business tax, stamp duty and withholding tax. Along with the sale price, taxes and fees are somewhat negotiable. If you find a property you like, the purchase process usually begins by making a booking deposit, holding the property and allowing you the time to prepare the consequent funds transfers.
Make sure you have your finances in order before viewing condos for sale. It is often difficult for foreigners to get financing for purchasing Thai properties. If buying a property under your name with cash you must transfer the money into Thailand from a foreign bank. If you have a longstanding Thai corporation you can also purchase property using money located in Thailand.